3. HOW TO ENTER.
3.1 Entry Process
(a) To enter the Competition each Entrant must visit www.sagicorvisionaries.com (the “Competition Website”), complete and submit to the Competition Entities an online Competition Submission Form (the “Form”) as indicated, which must be received by the Competition’s host server on or before the Entry Deadline. Design Proposals may be submitted via the Competition Submission Form or subsequently to [email protected]. Submissions received after the Entry Deadline will not be considered. All of the information requested on the Form must be fully, accurately and honestly completed. Forms containing incomplete, inaccurate, misleading, unintelligible or untrue information will not be considered. A school (Entrant)may submit more than one project entry. One Form must be completed per project Entry.
(b) If an Entry involves the work of more than one Representative (a “Project Team”), one member of that Team must be identified as the Team Representative. In the case of Project Teams, each individual Representative must meet the Competition Eligibility criteria and the Entrant must provide the names and e-mail addresses of all Teammates who have participated in the work on the Entry, and each of them must have parental consent to participate in the Competition. In the case of Project Teams, each Team member must attend the same school in order to compete collectively or where in the case of home schooled students or those students whose Secondary/high school Educational Institution is not entering the Competition, who wish to form a Project Team, the Team must have a common Supervisor. Project Teams can be made up of no more than five (5) persons.
(c) A student may be included in ONLY ONE ENTRY. Any attempt to exceed this rule is a violation of the Rules and may result in disqualification of the Entry and the forfeit of any prizes.
3.2. The Entry
Each Entry will consist of an electronic submission made online, describing new potentially viable practices that use STEM to contribute towards the creation of sustainable communities, in particular at or around the Entrant.
4. ENTRY TERMS.
4.1 Warranties, Representations and Understandings
(a) By agreeing to be a Supervisor for the purposes of the Competition, the Supervisor represents that he/she: (i) Has read the Official Rules and has secured the permission and consent of the parent or legal guardian of all Representatives involved with a particular Entry as required by these Rules; (ii) Will use their best efforts to ensure that the Entrant and all its Representatives comply with the Official Rules.
(b) By agreeing to be a Supervisor for the purposes of the Competition, the Supervisor on behalf of each Entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants, regardless of territory of Entry, that they have obtained in writing all licences, and permissions from any person who may have helped or participated in the Entry or whose creation, invention, product or intellectual property forms a component of the Entry and that the Entry conforms to these Competition Rules.
(c) The Supervisor on behalf of each Entrant further represents and warrants that the Entry:
- does not contain any use of the names, likenesses, photographs, or other identifying elements, in whole or in part, of any other person, living, or dead, except as required to cite sources used as part of the Entry;
- does not include, trademarks, logos, or any copyrighted material not owned by Entrant or their Representatives or for which permission has not been sought and obtained or for which credit has not been attributed to the author (this includes things like company names, photographs, works of art, or other media) or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any third party or any other intellectual property rights;
- is not subject to any third party agreement(s), consents and/or licences in connection therewith that have not been obtained;
- does not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks or any other content which could adversely affect the name, reputation or goodwill of the Competition Entities or any other individuals and/or entities;
- does not contain pornographic or sexual content, hateful content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), content which promotes violence or harm to another living creature, or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content;
- does not include threats of any kind or that intimidate or harass anyone; and
- does not knowingly violate any local law or contain any content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense. The Competition Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who they determine has violated the spirit of the Competition or breached any provision of the Competition Rules.